Saturday, December 4, 2010

People are Shitty

You know how when you are in high school, your english teacher assigns you that essay, "What do you want people to say about you after you are gone" or what is the message you want to leave the world with... I have never been able to answer that question. However, I do have a lesson I try to impart on all the people I love, especially those younger than me that are going out into the big bad world for the first time. The wisdom I share with these innocents is "People are Shitty!"


I know some of you are outraged, you believe in the innate goodness of mankind. You feel it is wrong for me to push my cynical view on these innocents. To you I say you must be a 2%. One of the 2% of people that had an ideal upbringing. No disfunction, no drug abuse, no emotional, verbal, mental, physical or sexual abuse to deal with in your formative years. Because if you had like the rest of us, you would know that people are shitty.



I am not saying that all people are bad, but as a precaution I withhold my trust until I have reason not to. I watch people, I take notice of their actions, not their words, and I wait and see. Sometimes I have wonderful pleasant suprises and I cherish knowing those people and my relationships with them. But most of the time I'm not suprised, and I'm okay because I didn't expect them to be any different. And I didn't risk too much in our exchanges.



We are all shitty sometimes, if you think back I am sure you can put yourself into the people are shitty catagory at one point or another in your life. I know I can. But I keep trying not to be, that's what makes the difference, and I tell my loved ones to do the same. Just try not to be shitty, and maybe people won't be shitty to you. But meanwhile keep your eyes open and your back to the wall.

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment