Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ipod with a Plugin Charger will go in my time capsule

A time capsule should contain some information on the larger world ... so I would try to include some information that effected the whole world as well as some that represents my views specifically...


Ipod with a Plugin Charger
First, I would record a voice file that explained each item in the time capsule. Then I would load it up with video and audio files that reflect on state of the world today. They would include opposing viewpoints on major issues. Video footage of the events that were signifgant to this generation like September 11th and Barak O'bama becoming president (in my opinion not a good thing) I would show them the peoples response to these events incase history records it wrong, or with only one viewpoint. I would load this up with all the music that is currently poplular in almost every genre. I would include audio versions of all the books that are on the New York Times Best Sellers list; so that they could see what we were entertained by. I would include some sermons on End Times Prophecy and some commentarys on how they might look when they come to pass...


Thomas Nelson Study Bible with Bible on CD
Just in case the bible has become outlawed by the time this time capsule is opened. I would include a study bible so that they can examine the Word of God.


Map of the World Today & an example of the currency for each Country
This would be to show exactly what countries existed and what their borders were. To show the diversity of cultures and peoples as they are now. I would include an example of the currency for each country as well as a report on current exchange rates. It would show also how much has changed in the world politically in the last 40 years.


Copy of the Endangered Speicies List
So that they can determine if all of those animals are still here in 40 years.


Scientific Journals for the lastest discoveries
This is to show how far Science has advanced in the last 40 years as well as possible show the result of people trying to play God. By then we are likely to know some of the consequences of genetic engineering.


Picture of me and my family, and some magazines
Just so they could associate this information with real people and see what we all looked like. I would include the magazines to give them a view on what we thought was beautiful and stylish... so they can laugh at us;)


No comments:

Post a Comment